Overnight Pharmacist - Culver City, CA
Overnight pharmacist to work 5x8-hour shifts, rotate weekends.
420 bed acute care hospital and houses the Southern California Heart Institute
Experience: Must have at least 2-years of inpatient clinical pharmacy experience and residency is a PLUS.
Start: ASAP - Contract to hire (direct hire will be considered)
- Reads, interprets and verifies physician orders. Assesses medication orders initially and on an ongoing basis for appropriateness.
- Prepares and distributes drugs to patients and ensures optimal formulary compliance.
- Accurately compounds and dispenses extemporaneous preparations and controlled substances.
- Appropriately prepares parenteral products using aseptic technique.
- Implements appropriate age-related therapy, pharmacokinetics dosing, and performs and documents drug therapy interventions.
- Collaborates with other team members in providing correct drug and dosage form of delivery for age group and collaborates with nursing to evaluate the effectiveness of therapy considering the age of patient. Participates as an active member of the Code Blue Team.
- Performs the day to day responsibilities of drug distribution, drug order entry, processing and verification.
- Serves as an effective participant on clinical rounds and participates in meetings and programs, as needed/assigned, to promote patient care and provide understanding and optimal drug therapy.
Bill rate: $95 - $98/hour (all-inclusive)
NOTE: Contract is out to client for signature. Client is a 3-hospital system in Los Angeles, CA.
Recent Pharmacist Jobs
- Brookfield, WI
- Milwaukee, WI
- Fargo, ND
- Bakersfield, CA
- Englewood, CO
- New York, NY
- District of Columbia, DC
- Philadelphia, PA
- Wauwatosa, WI