Charleston WV Hospital Pharmacy Director
Soliant Health is seeking an Interim Director of Pharmacy for our growing team in West Virgnia.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Supervises medication storage and preparation areas throughout the facility.
- Provides for the educational needs of health care professionals, patients, and their families.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply.
- Ensures the integrity of the medication supply.
- Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and biologicals.
- Ensures strict control and accountability for medications dispensed to patients or distributed to floor stock.
- Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances.
- Ensures applicable continuing education records and licensure are maintained in department files.
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Develops job descriptions and performance standards. Evaluates and counsels staff on their performance.
- Prepares work schedules and monitors workload statistics. Maintains an appropriate staffing level.
- Provides for the educational needs of the pharmacy staff.
- Prepares a pharmacy budget annually.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Monitors and justifies all expenses exceeding budgeted targets.
- Ensures preparation and submission of patient charges and financial reports to administration in accordance with policy.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required PharmD preferred
- Must be a licensed in WV
- 1+ years hospital experience with 2+ years in a management position required
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and resolve customer/employee problems or conflicts to meet the needs of external and internal customers
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience is required
- Start within 1-2 weeks
Offering: Housing reimbursement, tax-free meal stipends, auto allowance, travel allowance, medical benefits, 401k and PTO.
Recent Pharmacist Jobs
- Spokane, WA
- Conroe, TX
- Baltimore, MD
- Baltimore , MD
- Seattle, WA
- Tucson, AZ
- Los Angeles, CA
- San DIego, CA
- Sacramento, CA